Alrick Fletcher PG Dip. MBA
I am a highly qualified and experienced psychotherapist/counsellor and a BACP member having been in practice with Relate for 10 years and also working in private practice.
I have worked for Relate a national counselling agency as a couple/individual therapist and as a family counsellor working on a long term and short term basis. I also work in schools as a Young Persons counsellor and have worked for Manchester City Council offering parenting advice and parenting courses.
I am trained in EMDR a proven psychotherapy which can help with trauma,childhood abuse or neglect, natural disaster, assault, road traffic accidents and workplace accidents.
Some of the issues I deal with are:
- Communication and conflict
- The aftermath of an affair
- Fertility issues
- Sexual issues
- Bereavement and loss
- Coping with separation
- Self harm
- Anxiety and depression
- Relating with others
- Work issues
- Counselling for families and parenting advice
I have additional training in Fertility Issues, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy). Macmillan Cancer counselling, Brief Solution therapy, Narrative Therapy, Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse.
I am also a member of the BACP (British association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- EMDR 2013
- Postgraduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy (Systemic), 2009
- Relate Counsellor, 2005; Graduate Certificate in Couple Counselling, 2004
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Midwifery, University of Manchester, 1996
- Certificate in The Introduction to CBT, University of Salford, 2010
- Certificate in Cancer Awareness, MacMillan for Relate, 2010
- Certificate in Fertility Matters, 2011